Join me at KScope 14 in Seattle

kscope14_seattle

My first ODTUG Kaleidoscope conference was Monterey in 2009. I was very impressed with the speaker lineup and managed to convince my manager to fund trip and conference. The conference was great in every aspect: Lots of good quality sessions, perfect food and lots of people to talk too. What I like most about KScope: it’s all focused on us developers; making us feel comfortable and creating an atmosphere, almost like you are a part of one big family. Speakers, fellow developers, Oracle development teams, everybody comes for the same reason: share knowledge. I was so impressed with the conference format and got to meet so many people, I decided to come back again. Another thing I learned: Being an Oracle developer for many years, I too have knowledge, people are interested in hearing and learning from. When the Call-for-Papers for KScope 10 was opened a few months later, I submitted 2 abstract. Unfortunately these didn’t get accepted and being busy starting up my own business in 2010, I had to miss that year’s conference. KScope 11 (Longbeach, CA), 12 (San Antonio, TX) and 13 (New Orleans, LA) I managed to participate again, this time as a presenter myself. Again, the events were perfectly organized and I went home with my luggage full of inspiration and ideas.

I’m already looking forward to present at KScope 14 in Seattle this year. It feels like a family reunion. I still think: this is one of the best conferences to learn, meet, expand your network and have fun at the same time, worth the money and 12 hour flight. It pays off for me, definitely.

Don’t forget: ODTUG is organizing an APEX Theming Competition his year. Winners will be announced during the conference. I was asked to take a seat in the committee to judge the submitted themes, alongside with Jorge Rimblas and Shakeeb Rahman. BTW: you don’t have to be in Seattle to qualify for submitting your work.

Visit the KScope site for information about the event.

 

 

kscope14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember Me - APEX Autologin

Tabular Forms on Complex Views - using INSTEAD OF Triggers

Book Review: Oracle APEX 4.0 Cookbook